View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013   #230
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 47328 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub is Injured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishman View Post
Were you making that same argument against Foster when he was undrafted? By your logic no one in the NFL gave Arian Foster a thought... Well, except Gary Kubiak.
I didn't need to make the argument, because when he was not active for most of his rookie year, people weren't accusing Kubiak of keeping him on the bench due to some "good old boy code".

Again, I like Keenum and am interested in seeing what he can do. My issue is the ridiculous notion that he hasn't started yet because of loyalty or a lack of accountability instead of the simple belief (a reasonable one) that he is not the team's best chance to win right now.... Clearly, with Schaub's injury, that pendulum has shifted, and he is rightly being considered this week.

Realize also, that in a very similar situation, the genius coach: Bill Bellichick only went to the benchwarmer, Tom Brady, after Drew Bledsoe was injured (not because of his poor play and the team's losing)... Then, when Bledsoe was healthy again, late in the season, after Brady had led the team into the playoffs, I believe he reinsterted Bledsoe (who was hurt again). There is nothing mysterious or peculiar about an NFL head coach trusting the veteran QB over a late round/undrafted QB lacking NFL game experience.