View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013   #806
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153429 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: St. Louis Rams @ Houston Texans. Noon. 10/13. FOX. **Official Game Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
Keshawn Martin isn't that explosive of a return man. He does have some promise as a wide receiver but very little if that. I understand they didn't want to keep Trindon Holliday because he offers nothing as a wide receiver, but isn't it funny how the Texans were 5-0 last year when they released him, and all the Broncos have done since signing him is go 11-0 last year and 6-0 so far this year?

Our boy Trindon hasn't lost a regular-season game in forever. Even the playoff game the Broncos lost to the Ravens back in January, 38-35 in two overtimes, he did his part with two sensational Touchdowns: 104-yard kickoff return and a 90-yard punt return.

Keshawn Martin, I doubt he'll ever take a kickoff or punt return to the house - he has a big fat 0 in two seasons now. He'll never be a big game changer like Trindon Holiday is. Having a little potential at wide receiver doesn't impress me. He'll never become a pro bowler or anything special at wide receiver or on special teams.

I just hate when the Texans give up on really good players too soon. And they shine on other teams. All because we may have the worst special teams coach in the league. But because he's buddy buddy with Bob McNair, you can bet your ass that Joe Marciano will never, and I repeat, NEVER, be in danger of losing his job.
Right before Trindon was cut I kept posting that I thought the Texans would cut him when everyone else was counting them on the 53 man roster (when we were sitting around projecting this stuff). I didn't say that because I thought it was the right thing to do, but I said it because the team is as predictable as their offense and defensive schemes (you can do this with or without the rim shot). This team has some allergic reaction to elite speed. It doesn't seem to know what to do with it. I figured they valued one of their mediocre players at the end of their bench over something dynamic and one-dimensional.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote