View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013   #89
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Travis Johnson on sports radio 610

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
I said that they've drafted a single Pro Bowler in the second round in the history of the franchise. That doesn't mean that every player should be a Pro Bowler but 1 Pro Bowler from a draft position that's pretty important to a franchise isn't that great in my opinion. The rest of the 2nd rounders were used for Matt Schaub and the great Phillip Buchanon. Soooo, yeah, we haven't had much success where it comes to using second rounders and getting talent.

YPC doesn't mean much when you fumble in critical moments and can't be trusted by your HC to hold onto the damn ball and it also doesn't keep you out of the training room because you get hurt all the time.
LOL, Ben Tate has just 7 career fumbles, let not over-exaggerate the situation.. and the same can be said for your assessment on his injury situation.. The guy has only had one significant injury in his career that caused him to miss significant time.

1 pro bowler out of 8 picks isn't bad. (you need to go pull up other team's draft history.. it's pretty much par for the course. Go pull up what the Pats have gotten from their bazillion 2nd round picks they've had over the years) Getting 6 starting caliber players isn't bad.

And Brooks Reed is not a bust, that's just more hyperbole you use to prove some misguided point. Is he a hit.. no, a bust? nope. He's a serviceable NFL player. Seth Wand, Tony Hollings, David Carr, Travis Johnson, Amobi Okoye.. those are busts.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote