View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013   #86
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90752 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Travis Johnson on sports radio 610

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Drafting NFL starters is what I consider "successful".. of the 8 second round picks that the Texans have selected, 5 start/have started and the only reason why it isn't 6 is because Tate plays behind Arian Foster (so you don't think he's a good player?) and the reason why more of these players weren't offered a extension had more to do with Houston's cap situation than anything else.

As far as Conner Barwin's one good year.

J.J. Watt.. 28 tackles and 3.5 sacks
Conner Barwin.. 25 tackles and 3 sacks (already matched last year's total)

Did he only have one good year or did he just have a off year? Because he's on pace to have around double digit sacks.

Sorry, but I'm not buying the argument that the Texans don't hit on their second round picks.
That's fine, I'm not buying that they draft good players in the second round because they've only drafted one Pro Bowl player in their history of second round picks and a lot of busts, including Reed and Harris who is a complete bust who can't even beat out McCain for God's sake.

And no, I don't think Tate is good and I've always expressed my dislike for Tate and will be glad when he's gone. I just hope he doesn't drop the pen when he signs with the Browns then hurts himself picking it up.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote