View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013   #85
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Travis Johnson on sports radio 610

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
DeMeco and maybe Pitts are the only ones you listed who I'd consider good. Barwin had one good season and none of the rest outside of Pitts and Ryans even got offered a contract extension. I'd hardly call that successful but I guess we have different ideas of success, and I'd call both Reed and Harris flops but that's just me.
Drafting NFL starters is what I consider "successful".. of the 8 second round picks that the Texans have selected, 5 start/have started and the only reason why it isn't 6 is because Tate plays behind Arian Foster (so you don't think he's a good player?) and the reason why more of these players weren't offered a extension had more to do with Houston's cap situation than anything else.

As far as Conner Barwin's one good year.

J.J. Watt.. 28 tackles and 3.5 sacks
Conner Barwin.. 25 tackles and 3 sacks (already matched last year's total)

Did he only have one good year or did he just have a off year? Because he's on pace to have around double digit sacks.

Sorry, but I'm not buying the argument that the Texans don't hit on their second round picks.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote