View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013   #84
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 74437 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Travis Johnson on sports radio 610

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Because of trades, the Texans have not drafted in the second round in five of the 11 years in their history, but when they did make a pick, they usually nailed it. The 2nd round has been one of their most successful rounds in the draft.

As far as naming other players, there's plenty to choose from.

2011: Brooks Reed, OLB, Arizona (42); Brandon Harris, CB, Miami (Fla.) (60)
2010: Ben Tate, RB, Auburn (58)
2009: Connor Barwin, OLB, Cincinnati (46)
2006: DeMeco Ryans, LB, Alabama (33)
2003: Bennie Joppru, TE, Michigan (41)
2002: Jabar Gaffney, WR, Florida (33); Chester Pitts, T, San Diego State (50)

Out of the 8 players selected, I see only two obvious flops.. Joppru and Gaffney (who went on and had a decent NFL career as a journeyman WR), Brandon Harris is a possible third, but to say the Texans hardly ever find talent in the 2nd round isn't true.
DeMeco and maybe Pitts are the only ones you listed who I'd consider good. Barwin had one good season and none of the rest outside of Pitts and Ryans even got offered a contract extension. I'd hardly call that successful but I guess we have different ideas of success, and I'd call both Reed and Harris flops but that's just me.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote