View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013   #105
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Believers... check in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Totally get what you're saying here, but I bet they didn't look much better at the time that they were 1-4. I don't remember (even though I know I saw it & do remember the next 11 & playoffs), but I just bet. For instance, that D was good, but it didn't have JJ Watt or B. Cushing. That O-line was great, but it didn't have D. Brown or Myers getting to the second level. I know I don't even have to mention Foster. I think this team would be capable of making a turn-around like that, but QB is a big ????? right now.
I vividly remember the headline in the Houston Chronicle at the 1-4 mark:

FROM CHOKE TO JOKE

This, of course, was just 8-9 months after the 35-3 debacle.

That team certainly had some resolve to keep fighting after such a historic meltdown and horrible start. Of course, Joe Montana sapped the remaining resolve at the end of that season, but it was fun while it lasted.

I wish I could believe in the Texans to make such a run, but I think this team's biggest weaknesses right now are at the most crucial positions: HC and QB. And there is absolutely nothing that makes me think either man has it in him to rally this team and inspire them to dig out of this hole.