View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013   #11
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Beerlover 2014 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
1. QB - Zach Mettenberger, LSU
I like Mettenberger, he's looked fantastic under the new LSU OC and has improved from last year. That being said, we'll probably be picking higher and we'll have our choice of quarterbacks, aside from Bridgewater. My boy is Hundley, but Mettenberger in the 17th (because Bridgewater, Boyd, and Hundley and potentially Manziel will all be gone by then) is a good choice. I definitely am beginning to like him over Murray and McCarron. The LSU-A&M game will give me a good chance to observe him (in a losing effort from LSU, hopefully ).

2. OLB - Vic Beasley, Clemson
You can never have enough pass rushers. Reed has been looking better recently but getting to the quarterback = not a bad thing. Beasley is explosive but I'd like to see him develop more technique to go along with that.

3. CB - Darqueze Dennard, Michigan State
Good pick. I feel like we're going to have a new CB at some point this draft, but I'm torn as to whether it'll be a KJax replacement or a Brice McCain replacement.

4. ILB - John Timu, Washington
Don't know much about him but ILB is a need, so good pick in a good round.

5. OT - Austin Wentworth, Fresno State
I like Wentworth. Late round steal for sure.

6. RB/WR/KR - Venric Mark, Northwestern
As WolverineFan did, I mocked Dri Archer, but this is essentially the same kind of pick. I'll have to look at him, but I'm sure there's probably not a huge difference either way. Still, a speedy guy (+ new QB) is not a bad thing at all.

7. DT - Wade Keliikipi, Oregon
Not familiar with Keliikipi. I'll have to look at some tape. DT depth is a good pick at this round, though.

Well done! Mettenberger may not be my QB of choice but given the seventeenth pick I would not have complaints with this draft at all.

Edit: Credit to WolverineFan for his post, I just copied and edited with my own input. Less work that way
Good stuff & thanks alot

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote