View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013   #187
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub is Injured

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Why do you feel the need for a moral high ground when it comes to cheering for a professional sports team.

All I care about is W/L. I cheer when they win and there hasn't been much to cheer about over on Kirby this yr. This team really could be 0-6. I get this feeling this season is going to be 2010 or worse if they cant beat Jacksonville.

Focus needs to be on what to do in the future, like firing Rick/Gary/Schaub etc.... too bad we cant fire BoB like we fired Bud.
I don't "feel the need for a moral high ground"... However, I certainly care about things other than wins and losses. I would rather be 9-7 and like the guys I'm rooting for than 14-2 and not respect them as people... I know that all organizations have "good" guys and "bad" guys, but it is also clear that organizations have different value structures and priorities. I for one, love Bob McNair's organization right now, even in the midst of a disappointing season.

Of course, I'm still quite hopeful this season turns around. I think it has the potential to be a wonderful season and I am still four losses away from being convinced otherwise... Bright side, for instance, is that we will own almost every tie-breaker within the division and conference if we get to 9 or 10 wins- given that 3 of our 4 losses are to the NFC... I'm sure that seems like silly optimism to you, Steel, but the season remains fun for me until no hope remains. I still think 2009 was the most entertaining season as a fan. So, I'm sort of looking forward to this uphill climb that we are stuck hoping for.