View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013   #142
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5748 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' Fans @ Reliant show Their AZZs to the Nation with Reaction to Schaub's In

Cheering for an injury is flat out wrong. That being said, I believe that most weren’t cheering that he got hurt, but that Kubiak’s hand was finally forced to put another QB in. If the player is hurt, they know the change is coming and were happy to know the change was about to happen. I would like to think that is what they were cheering for, and that mostly it was a timing mistake by not waiting until TJ started coming on the field. The organization created whatever the reaction was on the field. There was no way we were going to win this game from the beginning with Kubiaks “let’s protect Matt’s pride” game plan. IMHO, fans are fed up with Kubiak’s lack of a quality game plan with the right personnel on the field. Then for him to come out after the game and give us this BS “I told you so” response saying that all along it hasn’t been just a QB issue, there’s issues all over the team. What a freaking crock of… Ever fan knows what Schaub potential is, we’ve seen it, but it’s what his typical play is that we always get and that’s all we are ever going to get. There is no more “hope” with Schaub on the field, at least with another QB on the field Texan fan can hold on to the “potential” for a new QB to do more than what we have seen from Schaub. I agree that you can’t run an organization based on the fan’s “feelings”, but I think the fans have this one right. Make this change two weeks ago, and you don’t have this conversation.

As for an organization…we have had a pick 6 in every game going back to the final one against Cincy in the playoffs.
We have a 4-8 record over the last 12 games, and have been blown out in 6 of those…and that doesn’t include the Green Bay game where made the game look close in garbage time. I point a lot of the blowouts last season towards the fact that Cushing was out. We are so week at LB that when Cushing goes out the middle of the field is wide open for the run or pass….same can be said if Watt goes out, we'd be toast. The loss of either makes our Defense personnel average at best. There is absolutely no more stretching the field on offense, we flat out have no downfield plays called, either because we can’t get the ball down there, we can’t pass protect (don’t even get me started on Newton). We play in a 7 yard offense and that don’t fly. Of the three QBs on the roster, I still think that Keenum should be the QB on game day. We’ve had a glimpse of what TJ can do from previous seasons, and I wasn’t all that impressed…I think he gives us about the same as what Schaub gives us. Keenum is more mobile, and seems to have a better touch on his passes. Is Keenum the final answer going forward...that has yet to be determined, but he's the best answer on our roster now.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote