View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013   #168
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: These guys make millions playing a game

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
You don't get it. I find this subject quite ironic after the recent titled threade: Accountability- which was targeted at Kubiak and the Texan organization not having any "accountability".

Ironic, because I am seeing fans not be accountable for their actions and behavior. Like you, for instance. The amount of money that a football player makes is entirely irrelevant from the discussion about whether people should treat one another with some level of respect and compassion. Fans that behaved as we have discussed were modeling the worst of humanity.

Attempting to argue that one's behavior towards another is acceptable simply because of some silly cost-benefit analysis illustrates a level of ignorance and a lack of accountability that is hard to understand.

For example, if I faced a near death experience resulting from a negligent doctor... but, due to that experience, my life and the life of my family was richer because of an increased value/appreciation for each day, I may eventually be "glad/grateful" for the experience of almost dying...

Still, I would not looking too kindly on that doctor justifying his actions by saying, "Hey, his life is better for it... He should be grateful it happened. I did him a favor. See how happy he is and how well his life is going, if anything, he owes me."
"wrongful booing" isn't exactly a criminal offense. It's low class, but just what "accountability" do you suggest? A warrant out for their arrest? A time-out in the Stadium corner? I think we as fans (and I'm not lumping the players in this), and the media are giving this way too much lip service. Yeah, it sucks so many people are just morons, but really, is it a revelation?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote