View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013   #143
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 95025 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub is Injured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
I am going to try not to fall into the trap of over generalizing here. I think in the best of times many players think fans rate somewhere between "pains in the butt" to "a necessary evil". Having them lash out at fans during this frustrating season doesn't surprise me. The fans that cheered Schaub's injury gives them an excuse, but I think they are painting the entire fan base with too broad a brush.

For the record I think booing an injury is classless. I don't see much use in booing anything - bad plays, bad calls, whatever.
Great post. Everything said here is true. Fans are a pain, and when a vocal fraction of them expresses dissatisfaction with a player while the players is trying to work, it takes too much self control for the player to not vent.

What's also unfortunate is that all media is reporting this like the entire stadium erupted when Schaub went down. People who attended the game say otherwise. I'm certain that any fanbase for any team is going to have a portion of fans that act like uncivilized trash. Think of the way that Green Bay fans cursed and spit at Aaron Rodgers when Brett Favre was being forced out of the organization, or the way that KC fans cheered Matt Cassel when he got hurt last year. Every city has trash, and this is how they act, and it's unfair to project that on to an entire fanbase.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote