View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013   #8
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18754 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Body Language - JJ Watt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Also concerning he didn't even record a single tackle in the game. What happened to all the swatted passes? 20/20/20? He sure has built a great brand but he isn't nearly as dominant as he was last season. Of course I understand he's getting double-teamed a lot more now but he used to at least get his hands up to swat balls.
Hard to get batted balls and sacks when the other teams don't have to throw in the 2nd half. He does have 3 swats which is still tied for the league lead from a DL. He's not going to get 20. Teams will prepare for that. I think he's been a factor and while maybe not as dominant as last year I'm not really concerned with his play. The schemes and play calls are beating us. I think we're too undisciplined and that's hurting us. Statistically we're still the #1 D in the NFL by a large margin, but I don't think there's a person on the planet that actually thinks we are the best right now. We don't get the stops when we need them. We have talented players that aren't in the correct position to make the plays.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote