View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013   #116
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub is Injured

The players know what the cheers are for. You're in the game you have a good vibe of what's going on. Normally when a guy goes down it gets quiet. When he gets u or gets taken off its a more reserved, respectful cheering.

I'm not going to put a percentage on it. But there was DEFINITELY a buzz and electricity when Schaub went down which slowly built to an eruption when Yates came on.

I don't think fans were happy Schaub was hurt per se though. I think they were cheering the situation which was Schaub out and Yates in. I don't think many people were actually saying YES Schaub's ankle might be broken in pieces!!! I hope it's an Achilles or something career ending!!!

But regardless. It ultimately doesn't matter. It has little effect on the game and only served as a distraction. The team sucks ass and the fans always get some grief. Fair weather, classless, not passionate enough...

Whatever. If you play well none of that rears it's ugly head. Worry less about the fans and more about not losing 5 in a row. And if that's too tough, shoot for a smaller goal like not throwing a pick six for the 6th game in a row.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote