View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013   #7
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Beerlover 2014 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
1. QB - Zach Mettenberger, LSU
- Big, strong armed QB. Has really developed under Cam Cameron. He's played really well this year. Not sure I take him this high cuz I don't give him a top 20 grade. But it's no secret that we need to address the QB position.
The more I see the more I like him. Maturity as well as QB skills rapidly improving, hence higher draft grade than currently projected.

Quote:
2. OLB - Vic Beasley, Clemson
- Very explosive, but right now looks like a one-trick guy. Reminds me a bit of Trevardo Williams from last year. Also, 4 of his sacks this year were against an NC State LT who had never played OL before that game.
One trick pony yes, but the kind of one trick pony we need. Different level of talent than Trevardo who I projected for Texans last year but not until end of 4th. This is an upper level 2nd. that transfers directly to playing time.

Quote:
3. CB - Darqueze Dennard, Michigan State
- Solid player. I will say though, if you are tired of KJ penalties, maybe not the best guy to take. Michigan State DB's are extremely physical and draw tons of flags every game.
your right on here, but Texans like physical corners which I wouldn't mind if they could also make some plays on the ball. So gives you similar results for millions less, think we all would take that going forward.

Quote:
4. ILB - John Timu, Washington
- Not familiar with him, but ILB is a huge need.
Need someone else to fire up this defense, they seem like the fight has been taken out of them, notice I added two Samoan players with attitude.

Quote:
5. OT - Austin Wentworth, Fresno State
- Mocked him to us in the 5th in my mock. Solid player. I don't see the same ceiling as Quessenberry, but I see the same potential to be a late-round steal.
tracking along the same lines.

Quote:
6. RB/WR/KR - Venric Mark, Northwestern
- Great, versatile player. I mocked us Dri Archer in the 6th, but Mark has the same skill-set and might be a better pro prospect.
Again, we really need to find a kick/punt retuner. adding someone who could also add reps coming out of the backfield as I'm sure Tate is gone a plus.

Quote:
7. DT - Wade Keliikipi, Oregon
- Not familiar with him, but we do need depth here. Both Mitchell and McClain are FA's next year. On a side note, man we really should have hung on to Chris Jones.
agreed again. projected Chris in 7th to Texans last year, real sorry to see him go too!

Quote:
Good stuff.
Thanks, really appreciate your informed opinion, you know your stuff

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote