Re: Beerlover 2014 Mock Draft
1. QB - Zach Mettenberger, LSU
- Big, strong armed QB. Has really developed under Cam Cameron. He's played really well this year. Not sure I take him this high cuz I don't give him a top 20 grade. But it's no secret that we need to address the QB position.
2. OLB - Vic Beasley, Clemson
- Very explosive, but right now looks like a one-trick guy. Reminds me a bit of Trevardo Williams from last year. Also, 4 of his sacks this year were against an NC State LT who had never played OL before that game.
3. CB - Darqueze Dennard, Michigan State
- Solid player. I will say though, if you are tired of KJ penalties, maybe not the best guy to take. Michigan State DB's are extremely physical and draw tons of flags every game.
4. ILB - John Timu, Washington
- Not familiar with him, but ILB is a huge need.
5. OT - Austin Wentworth, Fresno State
- Mocked him to us in the 5th in my mock. Solid player. I don't see the same ceiling as Quessenberry, but I see the same potential to be a late-round steal.
6. RB/WR/KR - Venric Mark, Northwestern
- Great, versatile player. I mocked us Dri Archer in the 6th, but Mark has the same skill-set and might be a better pro prospect.
7. DT - Wade Keliikipi, Oregon
- Not familiar with him, but we do need depth here. Both Mitchell and McClain are FA's next year. On a side note, man we really should have hung on to Chris Jones.
"Those who stay will be champions."
- The Immortal Bo