View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013   #5
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47040 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Beerlover 2014 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I'm going to start looking at qb's. At this point I don't see how we don't draft one in the first. But I'm not taking one in the middle if the first unless I identify a stud there.

Otherwise I'm moving up for a top guy.
My first question would be why are you just now going to start looking @ QB's?

Second we usually don't project trading up in a mock draft.

Mettenberger has a checkered past. Was kicked off Georgia team as Freshmen then transferred to Butler Community College (32td's vs 4int's in one season) then transferred to LSU. In 2011 he completed 8-11 92 yards & one TD, hardly stuff of legends, but settled in academically & got his life in order. Last year became the starter passing for 2609 yards, 12 TD's & 7 INT's. Had a down performance stat wise this past weekend against the #1 defense in the nation Florida but that is why I posted his response, it clarifies his character development & maturity which is going to be under scrutiny. He is ranked 3rd in SEC QB yardage behind Manziel & Murray but is #1 in QB rating with 184.6%. Film wise he displays poised pocket presence, strong arm, accurate with good decision making. His stock will continue to rise in relation to anyone in this discussion plus he has prototypical NFL size for position. If he was there when Texans selected I would be elated.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote