View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013   #178
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153493 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Kubiak sticking with Schaub - still named starter

Back in the preseason when we had our back-up QB "competition" I said if I were the HC I would make my decision based on how well both guys ran the play they were given. If there was two plays to be made, but the QB decided to tuck it & run, he would get no points for the play regardless what the outcome of the play was. (Now if there wasn't a play to be made & he tucked, ran, & made a positive play he would get points.)

Watching the games on TV it's difficult to tell because the camera usually follows the ball & you can't see if there was a play to be made or not. All you see is the QB getting out of the pocket & making a play. With that said, I don't believe any of us have a good idea how far along either QB is into the playbook. However, since Keenum did not leapfrog Yates I believe it is safe to say if he is further into the playbook than Yates, it's marginal.

This was the first game I was able to make it to, even though I am a season ticket holder, many times work & family make it difficult to make all the games (priorities right?). What I saw today verified what I feared over the last 5 weeks. There are plays to be made downfield, but for one reason or another Schaub isn't making them.

Hopkins is really doing a great job getting open downfield & what little I saw of Martin... it's enough to make you sick. I know a lot of people have been blaming the play calling & the "antiquated" scheme..... but I believe Kubiak is every bit the guru he used to be.

Here is a screenshot I was able to capture, that shows we should have had a TD on our possession after the Hopkins fumble.

At that point in the frame you can see that the pocket is tight & Schaub is probably "feeling" that pressure on his back right. But if you look at Hopkins crossing the goal line, that ball should have already been out & in Hopkins' hands at that point in the frame.

You can see Andre at the bottom of the endzone with three guys around him. He's just making his break & would have been a possible throw as well if Schaub didn't bail.

This is David Carr syndrome.

Last edited by thunderkyss; 10-13-2013 at 09:35 PM.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote