Thread: AP son beaten
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013   #87
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34647 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AP son beaten

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
I believe that I have a grasp of your opinion about men who have children by different women. I'm curious about what your opinion is about parents who divorce that have children.

Even though I don't agree with parents having children without making a commitment to each other to be parents to their children until they are adults. On one hand, children from these relationships will probably not be as bonded with both parents as children of two parent families.

That lead me to the question of your opinion of the parent that leaves the relationship for whatever the reason. It seems the child/children who have been in a family structure long enough to identify/bond equally with the parents could possibly have a more difficult time in adjusting to a new environment. Do you hold a divorced parent in the same light when it comes to being there with their children? If so, why, if not, why not?
I was married at 17 years old because my girlfriend got pregnant. We stayed married for 22 years, not because we were hopelessly in love and the world was all wine and roses, but because we made a commitment and stuck to it. We divorced the year after our third and last child graduated high school. Being married so young, for the wrong reason was very difficult, but you have to be willing to put forth the effort. To make the sacrifices and insure that the children are the focal point.

That what is wrong with marriage it seems nowadays. People have kids, then still just focus on themselves and go about trying to live their dream. What about the kids? Who is protecting and training the kids?

That was an easy answer in my marriage, the parents were. They were protected, they were loved, and they were trained and educated well, and all three have become fine young adults.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote