View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013   #168
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Kubiak sticking with Schaub - still named starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
We keep thinking that Kubiak is holding on to Schaub because he is loyal to him.
Could it be that Yates and / or Keenum are known commodities? Kubes does see them in practice every week. Could it be that he just thinks they are too terrible to be out there?

I'm not saying that I agree with Kubes. I would imagine that if we had an early round pick on the bench he'd be playing right now and this decision wouldn't be so "tough"
I think Kubiak knows that he can game plan Tj/Case to victory, just like he can coach Matt Schaub to victory. The unknown is how will Tj/Case read/react to NFL defenses. Can they get us out of a bad play into a good play? How are they going to react to a bad throw? Are they going to be able to forget the last play & move on to the next?

I know people are going to say Schaub can't do those things, but when asked about the INTs Kubiak said they were all different. That Schaub isn't doing the same thing over & over, tipping the defense.

Speaking of how poorly Schaub is playing. When I watch Gabbert play, or when I watched Lienart play, or when I watched David Carr play... I see poor QB play. Poor throws, poor reads, happy feet, indecisive...

I'm not seeing any of that with Schaub. Take away the two INTs, Schaub out played Andrew Luck vs Seattle. Find one game Gabbert out played Luck.

If you remember the tiers that we've put Schaub in before. Cutler, Eli, Flacco, Rivers..... Romo... they're all doing about the same right now. Some a little better in some categories than others. Some a little worse than others in other categories. 1 game better or worse in the W-L column...... but none of them are in any real danger of getting benched but Schaub. & that's because of something he really has no control over. That second INT towards Andre in the SF game, could've been a pick 6, wasn't because of what Andre did, not what Schaub did. The one Eric Reed dropped... Schaub didn't do anything different, but that should have been a pick 6.