View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013   #167
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak sticking with Schaub - still named starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
We keep thinking that Kubiak is holding on to Schaub because he is loyal to him.
Could it be that Yates and / or Keenum are known commodities? Kubes does see them in practice every week. Could it be that he just thinks they are too terrible to be out there?

I'm not saying that I agree with Kubes. I would imagine that if we had an early round pick on the bench he'd be playing right now and this decision wouldn't be so "tough"
Why do you think that a rookie would serve the team better than a veteran with playing experience or a very good college QB (spare me the system QB mantra)? About the only absolute advantage a high draft pick rookie gives you is a longer leash. Sometimes to the teams detriment. Just look at the NYJ's, the Browns, Rams or Cardinals. Or Detroit for that matter.

I'm much more impressed with a coach who has the stones to pull the trigger like Carroll or Harbaugh did last season. Look at how both of those teams responded. For every Andrew Luck, there are 10 JaMarcus Russell's.