View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013   #189
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak to have team meeting Wednesday AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Listening to the Texans themselves, I don't get the sense that they're falling apart. Antonio & Manning sound like they definitely don't want a change at the QB position & since both of them have been through that kind of "turmoil" I value their opinion. But Cushing, Wade Smith, Arian... they sound like they're supportive of the no change.

No doubt you see it on the field. Keyshawn Martin's 49 yard return despite the poor blocking, Arian's extra effort despite the poor blocking.

You also see things that don't jive as well. Giving up two 70+ yard TD scoring drives to SF. The frustration shown by Duane Brown & Antonio vs San Fran.

We'll see what kind of effort they put forward tomorrow. Especially after the next interception.
I'm looking more at body language than spoken language. There are maybe 3 players that could get away with contradicting the "team" line: AJ, Cush and JJ. Maybe Duane Brown or Meyers but I don't see that happening. Anyone else might as well pack their bags and put up the for sale sign in the front yard.

I agree that what we see moving forward will be very telling.

EDIT: I think we saw the troops really rally in the 1st two games. Baltimore was a classic let down game while the loss to Seattle was almost a back breaker. The SF game seemed like a beat down.

This thing with Schaub goes back to last year. 9+ games of mostly mediocre QB play with occasional flashes good to great QB play.