View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013   #15
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25616 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: St. Louis Rams @ Houston Texans. Noon. 10/13. FOX. **Official Game Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeaLikeRightNow View Post
I mean, even if we won this game against a team considered mediocre (a lot of parity in the league nowadays), what does it really mean?

It means nothing.
On the surface I agree. One measly win isn't going to change anything over night. But it leads to the next big game which leads to the next big game and so on. A loss today would ruin any future excitement.

A win today over the Rams would simply mean we are still alive in the playoff picture at 3-3 with a big game coming up at Kansas City. I would actually feel excited again about this team. And if we beat the Chiefs on the road, a task that will not be easy, we'll enter the bye week at 4-3 with two weeks to prepare for the big home game against the Colts. Win that game and at 5-3 we're most likely in first place in the AFC South halfway through the season.

It's like a domino effect but in a positive way. What if I were to tell you if the Texans win today's game against the Rams it will be the start of a six-game winning streak and we'll have an 8-3 record after 11 games? I think all of us would take it. Plenty of football left to be played this season.

This is still an 11-5 team in my eyes.