View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013   #232
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak: Schaub couldn’t audible out of “very, very poor play”

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxiousdog View Post
I think this idea that other QB's can audible to any play is false. It's always going to be limited by formation and personnel. Further, I'm not sure I'd trust -everyone on the team- to be able to hear and process the full playcall from being lined up at the line of scrimmage.
Whether you want to acknowledge it or not, it's just stage two denial at this point if you don't see that the texans don't have as much freedom in the audibling system as some other teams.

Our system is more of a check with me system without actually looking at the coach. It's a step above that. Instead of the coach assessing the defensive formation, like you'll see with college teams you give that responsibility to the qb. He's either going play 1 or play 2. That's it.

It's pretty well documented at this point how our audibling system works.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote