Thread: Accountability
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013   #154
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 70559 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Accountability

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I'm pretty sure Eli is plastered over every back page in NY (Their media doesn't coddle their players like ours does) .. But it doesn't change the fact that he'll be starting next season and will keep his job.

And I don't think the same thing should be said about Eli, the situations aren't even comparable. Matt Schaub has offensive weapons hanging out the ying yang around him.. Eli doesn't, Matt Schaub has a two starting caliber RBs toting the rock for him, Eli doesn't even have a starting caliber RB, Matt Schaub has a respectable defense that can keep the team in games... Eli is playing with possibly the worst defense in the NFL.

If Eli carries this play in to next season then I'll agree with you, but this season he's far from the main reason why that team is losing and two SB victories will by you time to right the ship.. time that Schaub doesn't or shouldn't have.
Schaub has led his team to two come from behind wins this year- throwing the ball in difficult situations... Eli has yet to win a game. Eli does have some weapons: Nicks, Cruz, Randle, D.Wilson. According to PFF, the Texans' pass protection is the worst rated in the NFL: #32.