Thread: Accountability
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013   #152
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276575 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Accountability

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
First, what's with the tired Eli Manning comparisons I see everywhere? Eli doesn't play for the Texans. And whatever the Giants do or don't do concerning their struggles, doesn't mean the Texans are obligated to follow.
That may be my fault. I was not comparing the two on play merit or careers. I was only examining the assertion that if someone was playing like this in NY the media would be ripping them apart and it would force the team to be more accountable. Given what Eli and the Giants are going through it seemed like an apt test of that assertion.

Quote:
And if Schaub is being judged on what he accomplished in the past and not by his present performance, then he is not being held accountable.
Fair enough but the same should then be said of Eli as well.