Thread: Accountability
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013   #144
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 63855 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Accountability

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
That's if Yates were to play at the exact level he did has a rookie in a handcuffed gameplan. You're making an assumption that would be the case 2 years later. You don't believe Kubiak could coach up Yates to be a better QB over two additional years?

Well, we are living in "this year". And it was Schaub's performance (or lack of) at the end of 2012 and the ensuing playoffs that led to concerns going into this season. Concerns that have been founded. I won't argue that the Matt Schaub of 2009-2011 wasn't a solid (though not spectacular) NFL QB. That's not the Matt Schaub we see today. Not by a long shot.
1. That is exactly what NY Giant fans are saying about Eli Manning right now.

2. I agree. The issue, again, is that the coaching staff still believe it is more likely that Schaub can return to that form than they believe Yates or Keenum can perform at that level this year. That's all. No need to read more into it than that.

I have no problem with criticizing the Schaub re-signing coming of the 2011 injury. If he can't turn it around, it is that decision that will turn out to be very costly. Can't it simply be a mistake, though, instead of some character defect? Just because the Texan organization reaches different conclusions about players and situations than you do does not mean they aren't committed to winning- it means they see things differently.