Thread: Accountability
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013   #141
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Accountability

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Tell me about Yates' resume... Are you seriously arguing that Yates and keenum have proven as much in the NFL as Schaub?... That would be intellectually dishonest, to say the least.

My point was in reference to Eli manning. Someone argued that Eli's NFL resume justifies giving him more time despite his play... My point... If an NFL résumé Carries that much weight, then how could anyone want Yates to start over schaub... Yates has done much less in the nfl.
Wrong.. Yates has started much less games than Schaub, but he hasn't accomplished much less. Both players have one playoff appearance and one playoff win.

Hence why I asked you to describe "Schaub's resume". You act like he's led this team to perennial playoff appearances and winning seasons or something. I no longer just care about regular season success with this team, we should be beyond that and what I've learned from Schaub's resume is that with him at the helm we aren't going to have much postseason success.

You keep coddling Schaub and it needs to stop.. and this is coming from someone who doesn't even think Yates is the answer, however to act like a young guy (whoever that ends up being) shouldn't be pushing him, because Schaub has "accomplished more" in his 7 years of mediocrity is what is "intellectually dishonest".

More accomplished QBs are replaced by "young guys who don't have resumes" all the time. Schaub is currently playing himself out of a job regardless of what you feel of Yates or Keenum and even if he does salvage his season and holds on to the job this season.. I think it's pretty much safe to say he's already made it a certain Houston will be looking for his future replacement this offseason.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote