View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013   #1479
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "What’s Wrong With Matt?" by Sage Rosenfels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Last time the Texans decided to part ways with the franchise QB they replaced him and cut him shortly thereafter. I don't know if they would do that the same way this time or not. I understand they tried to trade Carr but there was no interest. Everyone knew he was going to be cut. If they start shopping Schaub even discreetly I think the same thing would happen. Someone would certainly be interested but everyone would realize that he was about to be a free agent and just wait.

I think that when they decide to move on from Schaub (assuming we're talking offseason move) there's zero chance he sticks around to compete for the starters spot.
I pretty much concur .... you also have to take into account Schaub's contract implications on a team's salary cap should they trade for him - Its simply not worth it to take him at his current salary when they can negotiate a much better deal as a FA.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote