View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013   #1469
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: "What’s Wrong With Matt?" by Sage Rosenfels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Its a good read, but it's nothing that everyone who has an ounce of football knowledge didn't already know...mentally he's a mess right now & after the SF game...i'm not sure he'll ever make it back...
Guys on the radio (I can't remember who) were saying that Schaub hasn't thrown 3 INTs in a game since 2009 (I think). So we know he's had bad games before & gotten past it. But this is something totally different. The pick6, then the pick6 in 4 consecutive games, then that we're 1-4 in those games.

I know people don't want to hear it, but the only way to really get him out of it, without going back into his shell, is for the defense & the run game to pick up the slack.

He needs to make better decisions, but he also needs to stay aggressive & the only way that can happen is if we win in spite of the pick 6. The offenses we've faced aren't really playing very well. Sure we're making it easy for them, giving them the short field. But if we were to eliminate the long TD scoring drives, we win those games.

Schaub should remain under intense scrutiny, I'm not saying any different. But if we believe he must "play-through" it, I'm sure winning would go a long way. Stop thinking about mistakes & losing & focus on winning. He had ample opportunity to win the game in Seattle, even after the pick 6. He didn't.

Last edited by thunderkyss; 10-11-2013 at 06:02 PM.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote