View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013   #1465
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "What’s Wrong With Matt?" by Sage Rosenfels

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
To be truthful, I have never really liked Schaub. I wanted Rosenfels to start when he was here. I always liked him. Even after the Rosencopter game, which I was muttering obscenities as I was leaving Reliant Stadium, I still respected him.

Sage had a Greek Tragedy type of aura around him. He had balls and wanted to make plays for his team. Schaub doesn't have those things. What was "tragic" was his talent did not allow for him to actually make the plays his body and mind wanted him to do.
I thought sage should have been our stop gap instead of going after Schaub. I think this team would have been better for it. And I actually do think he had the physical talent. Remember, sage covered kicks for us when he came here.

I think that rosecopter game did him in though. That was his shot and I think if he makes that play or doesn't fumble, it would have been hard to justify starting Schaub after that.

But that's not how it happened and really this stuff is just fun to think about. Iiwii now.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote