Originally Posted by HOU-TEX
How does MRSA form, doc? It has to do with something more than a sweaty locker room, right?
There is always a specific source where it begins, like a small pimple or on the skin or in the nose for some carriers. Many times, you really can't even track the source because MRSA is such a scarey resistant bug.
Just to throw this out from my FDA files:
MRSA Life Span Facts:
• MRSA can live for up to 7 months on dust
• MRSA can live for up to 8 weeks on a mop head
• MRSA can live for up to 9 weeks on cotton (towel)
• MRSA can live for up to 203 days (over 6 months) on a blanket
• MRSA can live on the skin of otherwise healthy individuals, with no symptoms indefinitely