View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013   #1447
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 195710 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "What’s Wrong With Matt?" by Sage Rosenfels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Come On Breh View Post
absolutely ridiculously empty article by another back up qb.

The whole thing is about a failed quarterback reliving his past failures and offering little to no insight as to what's wrong with schaub.

Absolutely worthless article.

Makes me think this is another paid leave matt schaub alone article by the texans organization. as if the fake harassment wasnt enough.

thanks for nothing rosencopter.
Let me give it a try as I read article early this morning from Bleacher report and found it readable. Someone repeating what is known is not harmful as it can remind me of things are cause me to seek more info or simply slow my roll. From the article:

"Mentally, getting beyond that game was nearly impossible. I was disappointed that I let my team down. I knew I missed a huge opportunity to possibly be the starter going forward"

IMO, Sage comparing MS to his own incident as a vet QB saying in his opinion it is mental not physical as some on MB have posited. The fact that it haunted Sage for months tells me it could take that long for MS and therefore impacts the team. That is useful.

Here is what the point of article was as you should get that even if you know what he is saying beofre he says it.

"My point is to give you an inside look at what might be going through a player’s head after a handful of devastating mistakes"

Here is how he suggest MS overcome the mental problem:
"What I do know is the experience I went through and the challenge and perseverance it took to overcome it. "

IMO, he is saying it takes time and the opportunity to get back on the horse and ride. There is no pill or magic elixer, MS may or may not get better. The article was not a "here is the fix, Mr. Schaub" but rather a player who had been through almost the exact same thing voicing his thoughts. Just like with threads and posts on this MB, if you get nothing out of them, go elsewhere.