View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013   #226
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak: Schaub couldn’t audible out of “very, very poor play”

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think it's the ability to change to another play.

I'd like to see how beneficial those audibles are. I know when Carr was here, I used to complain about not having the ability to audible. Then Schaub came in & the offense has been pretty prolific. If we're not audibling, we're doing pretty dam good with what we do. So..... it's not a big issue to me.

I did hear DeAndre mention in the preseason if he's got one on one coverage he's going to run a go route. Maybe that was just for the preseason, or just that game. But I'd think, as prolific as our offense has been, that there are built in rules like that every game. When Andre is in motion, if the coverage the defense is in puts him on a LB, or a safety, then we take advantage of it.

Like I said, we're at the top of the league in points & yards generally every year. If it ain't broke...
1) kubiak has said once the motion starts there is no more "audibling". Yet, here you are saying that you think when someone goes in motion and it creates a favorable match up, we audible.

Doubtful.

2)your last statement is settling. That's why you love Schaub. Because you think he's "good enough". If it ain't broke and all that jazz. How about being even better? How about crushing opponents and breaking the damn scoreboard? How about when we regress we regress to "still pretty good" instead of "the suck"?

This league is about greatness. Texans aren't going to go-hum their way to a Super Bowl. In this day and age it will be very hard to make it if your offense can't consistently deliver late in the year and in the play offs.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote