Thread: Accountability
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013   #126
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 31941 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Accountability

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
How much worse has Eli done than Schaub? How much extra leash does Eli get?
Quite a bit because he has rings and won one of them not too long ago. Whether we like it or not that does go a long way. Not to mention their division is horrible and even at 0-6 they aren't out of it though I still think it would take a miracle. But if you win that ring it changes things and Schaub has yet to accomplish this.

Plus there is the addition of who is behind them. Schaub has Yates who has past experience on the field including playoff time and has been in the system 3 years now. Keenum is the other with two years in the system. Both had strong preseasons.

Eli has Curtis Painter who I don't think even played in '12 and isn't as familiar with the Giants system. The other is a rookie who looked like utter crap in the preseason. In fact, both of them were pretty bad. Even David Carr played better though ended up being the one cut.

So one of these two teams have a better option than the other. Secondly, you have surrounding personnel. One is rather stacked with talent and the other has a middling roster. Even on a NFL article yesterday about underachieving teams who do you think the top two were? Falcons at #1 and Texans at #2. The talent on this roster is evident. Despite folks being surprised the Giants doing so bad the fact the Texans are not playing up to par weighs heavier because it is a team expected to do more.

Now in truth, I don't get into comparing my teams to other teams. Different situations and personnel. You shouldn't expect your team to react the same way another does. But we shouldn't be sitting here trying to act like it is a black/white situation in these comparison when it obviously is not.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote