View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013   #225
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Kubiak: Schaub couldn’t audible out of “very, very poor play”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
So by audible do you mean that the QB changes to the other play he is allowed to call or that he actually has the freedom to pick just about any play he has the personnel to execute and audible to that? Honest question.
I think it's the ability to change to another play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Is it "You can do this or that" or "If you see something out there that you can take advantage of then change to the play you need"?
I'd like to see how beneficial those audibles are. I know when Carr was here, I used to complain about not having the ability to audible. Then Schaub came in & the offense has been pretty prolific. If we're not audibling, we're doing pretty dam good with what we do. So..... it's not a big issue to me.

I did hear DeAndre mention in the preseason if he's got one on one coverage he's going to run a go route. Maybe that was just for the preseason, or just that game. But I'd think, as prolific as our offense has been, that there are built in rules like that every game. When Andre is in motion, if the coverage the defense is in puts him on a LB, or a safety, then we take advantage of it.

Like I said, we're at the top of the league in points & yards generally every year. If it ain't broke...