View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013   #158
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Kubiak sticking with Schaub - still named starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Kubiak lives by the sword, dies by the sword and Matt Schaub is the mother of all broad swords...

Until I actually see Schaub sitting on the sideline and another QB stepping in because of what Schaub was not doing, I won't believe anything that comes out of Kubiak's face....

Remember Schaub is HIS guy, and to replace him means he made a mistake and Kubiak is to ego driven to admit that...
And as hard as it is to believe Schaub played well outside of the INTs. He's got 15 good throws on one hand, 5 questionable ones, & 5 bad ones in the SF game (or something like that).

You're the head coach, you've got to be able to look at the whole game, not just the bad throws & make your decision.

I'm not saying I would have made the same decision Kubiak did. Only that I think I understand it. I'd have understood it if he went the other way & started Yates/Keenum.

Others have said it as well, Matt Schaub looks physically healthier than he has in a long while. He's stepping into his throws well. My opinion, he's been very accurate. Only one of those INTs was on a poorly thrown ball & it was a bad, panicked decision by Schaub... something he doesn't always do.

Seattle's secondary is pretty good. San Frans secondary is pretty good. I don't know that we can take for granted the good throws, the good plays Matt had in those games. Definitely wouldn't expect Yates/Keenum to put 300 yards on the Legion of Boom. (then looking at what Luck did, you don't really need to).