View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013   #1407
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
So by what you just said about Koods having to morph is offense to fit Schaub and needing an athletic QB, why has Koobs not found a QB to run HIS offense the way he wants it ran? There have been plenty out there. For example, we all saw how TJ Yates ( not saying he is the answer) could run with his feet, yet he still sits behind a QB that Koobs had to change his offense around...

Is Yates just that bad, couldn't Yates be a Jake Plummer like QB in Kubiak's system, and yet Kubiak still wants the bigger QB to run his offense. I think Plummer was Shannahan's choice and Kubiak had to fit his play calling around him. Now that Kubiak is in charge, he can do it the way he wants, and it seems he wants the bigger, less mobile QB to run the show.

Cousins is far more athletic than Schaub ever has been, ergo I think he would be absolutely great in this offense, because he has what Kubiak wants in his QBs, while the other athletic QBs, Manziel, Boyd, Moriata would be absolutely wasted in this system, not because they couldn't do it but because of how Kubiak likes to run his offense.

I tend to agree with you. I think that we all think about this so much while we try to figure out what the problem is and we're probably just over thinking it. Gary has exactly the kind of QB he wants in Schaub. If he wanted a mobile, athletic guy he'd have gotten one. Schaub did not come cheap in hindsight. A pair of 2's isn't cheap. The Texans went after him not because he was the only choice available or a bargain but because Schaub was exactly what Gary wanted. We see a big oafish looking guy who can't run. Gary sees a big guy who stands tall in the pocket and won't go doing stupid **** like running. No "Schaub-o-Copter" plays coming from Matt. He can be trusted not to try and do too much because well, he really can't do too much.

There have been plenty of opportunities to try someone else. Rosenfels just about outplayed Schaub in many peoples eyes a few times and it didn't matter (and I was never a Sage fan and am not suggesting he was necessarily the better QB. I'm suggestion that in hindsight he might have been) Gary never took the bait because he has exactly what he wants right here in Gomer Pyle.