View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013   #1405
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 74660 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
I would have to politely disagree. I think that the Kubiak/ Shanahan version of the west coast offense needs an athletic QB to run it. Sell the hard play action and have the ability to get to the corner on a roll out/ bootleg. Jake Plummer comes to mind first, not the greatest QB but he was succesful in this system because he could use his legs.

Kubiak IMO has had to morph his offense to fit those things that Schaub can't do, so i believe Kubiak is only working with a fraction of the plays he would prefer to call. I think Koobs is stubborn at times, but he is a great offensive mind. He needs to implement a blocking scheme like Chicago was using where the 3 interior lineman take one solid step forward on pass plays and give Schaub that extra half second and a more defined pocket.
I still hold fast to my belief that the shoddy line play is mostly accountable for the offensive struggles, and it has magnified Schaubs deficiencies

So by what you just said about Koods having to morph is offense to fit Schaub and needing an athletic QB, why has Koobs not found a QB to run HIS offense the way he wants it ran? There have been plenty out there. For example, we all saw how TJ Yates ( not saying he is the answer) could run with his feet, yet he still sits behind a QB that Koobs had to change his offense around...

Is Yates just that bad, couldn't Yates be a Jake Plummer like QB in Kubiak's system, and yet Kubiak still wants the bigger QB to run his offense. I think Plummer was Shannahan's choice and Kubiak had to fit his play calling around him. Now that Kubiak is in charge, he can do it the way he wants, and it seems he wants the bigger, less mobile QB to run the show.

Cousins is far more athletic than Schaub ever has been, ergo I think he would be absolutely great in this offense, because he has what Kubiak wants in his QBs, while the other athletic QBs, Manziel, Boyd, Moriata would be absolutely wasted in this system, not because they couldn't do it but because of how Kubiak likes to run his offense.

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Crapatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote