View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013   #1404
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17109 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
And you know what, I would agree 100% with you if Gary Kubiak was not the head coach of the Texans. Mariota and Boyd would be absolutely handcuffed in Kubiaks system because of how Kubiak handles QBs. Kubiak would not use their talents to help shape the offense. instead he would try and force them to be players they are not.

To have those 2 QB's on a team, you need a creative mind to structure an offense around their talents. Kubiak is so far on the other side of that spectrum, creativity is a dot in the distance to him...

Cousins is more of the QB Kubiak likes for the West Coast Offense. I will say Cousins has a far more upside than Schaub ever had coming out of college and into the draft..
I would have to politely disagree. I think that the Kubiak/ Shanahan version of the west coast offense needs an athletic QB to run it. Sell the hard play action and have the ability to get to the corner on a roll out/ bootleg. Jake Plummer comes to mind first, not the greatest QB but he was succesful in this system because he could use his legs.

Kubiak IMO has had to morph his offense to fit those things that Schaub can't do, so i believe Kubiak is only working with a fraction of the plays he would prefer to call. I think Koobs is stubborn at times, but he is a great offensive mind. He needs to implement a blocking scheme like Chicago was using where the 3 interior lineman take one solid step forward on pass plays and give Schaub that extra half second and a more defined pocket.
I still hold fast to my belief that the shoddy line play is mostly accountable for the offensive struggles, and it has magnified Schaubs deficiencies