View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013   #12
LZ
Veteran

Rep Power: 5396 LZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Sideline View Film/Video Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
It's not like we're doing it all the time - far from that; and we're not the only team to do it either.

There are several protection schemes that we use.
"We", Coach Benton?

Actually, on B-gap looks, the Texans coach double-dueling. That's their philosophy unless there are mitigating circumstances in terms of the rest of the defensive front. It's not up for debate. The go through practice sessions with guards working the double-duel technique. I spent about 5-10 minutes after practice last year with Coach Benton speaking specifically about it and why they use that when it can allow interior pressure into a non-mobile QBs face.

Personally, I don't think Schaub is mobile enough or confident enough to have pressure in his face and respond well. I would rather block one and let him know who he (Schaub) is responsible for. That's just my mindset with this QB. Most teams are getting away from double-dueling because it is so difficult.
LZ is offline   Reply With Quote