View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013   #35
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Keenum vs Manziel (Sumlin System)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Keenum and Yates have completely different skill set as can be.

Keenum's game is his head; Yates relies on his athleticism.

Keenum is a touch pass guy when he has the time; he would rather throw a catchable ball than drill it when he doesn't have to.
He's a Bill Walsh's kind of QB.

Yates is more like a Madden's kind of QB.
Madden wants his QB to drill the ball every time, even if it's a five yard pass.
I love ya 76....but i disagree...

Furthermore, all these guys look good when they have time...even Schaub. The ability to make a play when you don't have much time & you're moving around to make a play is the biggest reason people want yates or keenum to get the start. Hell, as it was explained to me by at least 1 person in this very thread, poeple want Keenum to start basically b/c he's more likely to run & rely on his athleticism. I'm not buying that either. Once he gets lit up a few times, he'd likely tone it down.

For the record, I don't think it would make a huge difference either way...1 guy's strength is another's weakness & they're largely are about the same in most other areas. In the end though, both guys will probably perform about the same..........largely b/c they've been under the same coach & indoctrinated in the same system.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote