View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013   #1401
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 24103 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: superbowl or new QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I wouldn't have thought it was an American thing.

A Super Bowl championship is the ultimate goal. Regardless how bad things get after we win a Championship we could always say, "We won it in 2013." We'll be like Cowboy fans.

But it's all about truly being a contender. Some believe with Schaub we're not a true contender. We may get to the Super Bowl & lose with Schaub & they'll opine that we never really had a chance. They'll be happy if we win, even give Matt some kudos.

I see their point. We can point to Andre & say he gives us a chance to win. Regardless what his stats are, or how "injury prone" he might be. If he's playing in the Super Bowl he gives us a chance to win it. Arian, he could be averaging 3.8 ypc, but he gives us a chance to win. Even Ben Tate with his fumblitus.... if he's in the game, he gives us a chance to win.

Most of us don't feel that way about Schaub. Some of that is taking what he does bring to the team for granted. We didn't win 12 games last year in spite of Schaub. We won in Denver & in Jacksonville largely because of Matt Schaub.

I don't know the numbers exactly but I feel that we're more likely to lose than not if we're down by 3 with the ball in his hands.
yeah maybe it's not an american thing, but it sure would help me to see the importance of it

as things are now I would rather have a beautiful season a good playoff run and then go out to an other very good team with "honor" than playing a bad season with win like in san diego and then go to the playoffs and go on for luck maybe win a SB but having the sensation that the team overall is not even an average one

But this is probably because I watch football for fun, and having to suffer all season long is not that appealing to me. and then, even if we win the SB, I wouldn't have anyone to celebrate that with.

except this forum of course, but you can understand how different would be to celebrate in a roaring crowd :P