Thread: Accountability
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013   #93
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84496 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Accountability

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
You are confusing accountability with being reactionary and impatient. Kubiak demands accountability from his players and himself... accountability is a central theme of this organization... The fact that he doesn't throw his players under the bus to protect his reputation or create a scapegoat is honorable and good for the health of the team. Just because he doesn't throw a fit and bench or humiliate a player after a bad performance does not mean he is okay with it... It simply means that he believes that player remains the teams best option at the position to win.

As with all coaches, sometimes his assessment is wrong. IMO, better to error on the side of patience and trust then to quit on a guy too soon.

I will agree that Kubiak struggles to honestly assess his players. That is why Rick smiths increased power after 2010 has led to better results. Still, I don't think he should bench schaub yet. I still think MS is this teams best chance to win big this year, if he can work through whatever is going on.
After reading your 1st sentence in this post, I couldn't read anymore because I was LMAO.

Impatience (Really?) after 8 yrs?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote