View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013   #1384
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 33104 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Instead of overpaying for Cousins why not try and find the next RG3 in the draft? Cousins just doesn't pass my eye test, I'd rather swing for the fences with a guy like Mariota or Taj Boyd then be stuck with someone who will probably morph into another Schaub. Before yall go ballistic, yes I'm almost blind and no I didn't watch every Kirk Cousins snap, my memory is one phenomenal game, then a whole lotta "meh" ... Same exact way I feel about Vicks backup ( can't think of his name)

Use the assets in play and sweeten it with Foster, jump into the top 10 and possibly bounce back as soon as next year.
And you know what, I would agree 100% with you if Gary Kubiak was not the head coach of the Texans. Mariota and Boyd would be absolutely handcuffed in Kubiaks system because of how Kubiak handles QBs. Kubiak would not use their talents to help shape the offense. instead he would try and force them to be players they are not.

To have those 2 QB's on a team, you need a creative mind to structure an offense around their talents. Kubiak is so far on the other side of that spectrum, creativity is a dot in the distance to him...

Cousins is more of the QB Kubiak likes for the West Coast Offense. I will say Cousins has a far more upside than Schaub ever had coming out of college and into the draft..

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote