Thread: Accountability
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013   #76
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Accountability

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
A coach going 8-8 may be okay and it may not it certainly depends on many factors. Like the Texans making it to the second round of the playoffs despite the loss of Schaub, Johnson and Williams. On an adjusted basis I would say that was well overperforming. Making it to the second round of the playoffs puts your team's performance besting 68.75% of the league. The level of talent on the team is better ranked by folks who do this for a living rather than fans. Also the expectations and how things run are probably better handled by McNair as a bussiness man vs random fans.
After 8 yrs 68.75% isn't good enough

Lets also talk about Gary's W/L and hiring on the defensive side of the ball before Wade was forced on him by BoB.

Obviously BoB sets his evaluation bar at OK is good enough. If this weren't true he would've fired Gary after the highly acclaimed 9-7 2009 season or the 6-10 2010 season. But really why would BoB ever fire Gary when the stands will always be full of Aggies every Sunday and they are more than willing to give their $$$$ to BoB because 68.75% is good enough for the Aggies to support one of their own. I mean schucks Gary's a good ole boy and that's good enough.

I mean does Gary with his conservative style really suprise you that he has won 68.75% of his games. Gary is a modern day Marty Schottenheimer. (Atcually he's not that good) He's good enough to get you to the dance, but dont expect to be winning a ACF championship game or a SB.

But it isn't good enough for me. Not that that matters at all to BoB.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote