Thread: Accountability
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013   #75
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Accountability

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I like Kubiak, my only problem is his loyalty to Schaub.
I'm upset that Schaub hasn't been benched for his performance on the field. Being that we weren't trying to win last Sunday when Tj came in, I look at that more as giving up, than benching Schaub.

That said, If we started this year thinking we were going to the Super Bowl with Matt Schaub, it doesn't make a lot of sense to want to give up on him so "quickly." I know a three game losing streak isn't "quickly" & 4 consecutive games throwing a pick 6 isn't quickly. I get wanting to bench him to see if that gets his head into the game, but ready to move on doesn't seem rational.

Then everyone wanting to leapfrog Tj & go straight to Case makes me believe this is deeper than objective analysis of Schaub's play. He threw 6 bad balls that I can think of. The three INTs, the one Eric Reed should have picked, one he missed Andre wide open on our second drive, just before the OD holding penalty, & another he missed a wide open Andre (can't remember the specifics).

Other than that he looked pretty accurate, ball had plenty of spin, plenty of zip. I can't really tell how he did on his reads. He was active outside the pocket... looked pretty confident.

I've never been overly confident that Schaub would lead us to a Super Bowl. I had little doubt that we could win one with him. I still believe he is a better day-to-day QB than Flacco & Eli & if they can win, Schaub can. (However, I think both QBs have shown themselves to be much, much tougher than Schaub. Where Schaub seems rattled under pressure, those two stand tall.)

If Kubiak decided to move on, I'd have been fine with that. He didn't, I'm fine with that. But like I said before, he better be right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
He's handled this thing pretty poorly in regards to assigning blame, assuming the halftime report was correct during the SF game.
He's usually pretty good at crafting his coachspeak. I think I understand what he meant, because I think the same, but I couldn't believe he said what he said.