Thread: Accountability
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013   #72
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 72471 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Accountability

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Picking the most recent two years is not cherry picking. 100% guaranteed every GM and owner in the league would view differently an HC who went to two playoffs and missed the next five rather than one who missed five and then went to the last two playoffs.

It isn't 8 better coaches. Only 4 coaches advanced further (which is one eighth of the league).

There is a reason you don't see HCs dumped after 2 playoff seasons. Name some who were? I will spare you the trouble, Schottenheimer was coming off 1 and Jimmy Johnson resigned. Got anyone?
I used his 68% number to come up with 8. I'm still not sure he he came up with it.

Anyway, this is about accountability and the lack thereof. I think there was a lack of accountability in years four and five of Kubiak's regime. I certainly don't think Kubiak should have been fired after the playoff seasons. I just don't think two playoff appearances makes him a great coach.

However, in my non-football professional's opinion, we've seen Kubiak's peak with this team. I see this team receding and other teams in the division getting better. We will see how it plays out.