View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013   #1368
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 18555 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
IMO, it depends. First you have to correctly identify the reason for the pick 6es.
  1. Tennesse
    Looked like Schaub & Hopkins weren't on the same page
  2. Baltimore
    He was trying to lead OD... normally he'd put it on Owen's back hip. A much safer throw.
  3. Seattle
    Ill advised. He should have checked out of the play (maybe he was trying to make a play). He threw it up for grabs.... should've been inexcusable, but that's obviously not the case.
  4. San Francisco
    Telegraphing throws all day long.

Then you've got to ask wheter Tj would commit those same errors. He did throw 3 INTs in the divisional round, could/should have been 6. The fact that none of them were returned for TDs says more about the Ravens defense, than Schaub/Tj

I don't really know where I stand on this, Tj/Schaub/Yates, they've all got their pros & cons. If we win, I really don't care which way he goes, but he better be right. If he goes with Schaub (which he did) he better not come back in week 8 & say we're going a different direction. If he were to pick Tj/Case, he better be committed to it & make it work.
TK, I wish I had your outlook. It's healthier than mine. I wish I did care... but I don't.

I am likely UBER wrong, but while that may be, the fact that his 4th was the FIRST throw of the day. On the heels of the prior games, THAT's where he lost me. You simply can't come out on the field with the intent of not throwing a pick, yet on the very first pass play you do what he did... He lost me. At that point, I no longer care about the ones prior, the ones to come... any of them. Get off the field and earn your way back on. At that point, whatever you want to hang your 7 years as a starter on in Houston simply doesn't amount to enough to warrant being entitled to keep on slinging poo. Compound that with the a half-wit side line general who can't comprehend the notion of getting him off the field until he after he throws 2 more speaks volumes as well.

Dissect it all we want, if #8 comes out against the Rams on Sunday and lobs another pick with the very first play, I'll be no further at loss than I already am. If he come out on Sunday and plays like Peyton(unlikely) with a 500 yd game 8tds and a passer rating of 1zillion, I'll eat his jockstrap. He's never been that kind of quarterback, so it's an easy statement to make. What isn't easy, is understanding why the organization feels as if he has been that kind of a QB. What are they SOOO insistent in hanging on to?

As far as what TJ or Case would or wouldn't do in comparison to what has seemingly become a lost cause is relevant only in that the only sample we have to base it on would be preseason, which as a fair or unfair comparison in terms of game intensity, etc.. but the simple fact is neither TJ or Case did anything to suggest they could play any worse than the current train wreck.

If there ever was a reason for having a backup quarterback, other than injury sakes, THIS HAS TO QUALIFY.

From here on out... when Schaub plays well and it's "good for him". When he plays poorly, it's "what do you expect"?

As a Texan fan, I want to see Mr. Pick Six stroll out there as much as Jets fan wants to see Mr. Butt Fumble take the field.

Please put the fan base out of their misery!