Thread: Accountability
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013   #66
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Accountability

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Bob is making money hand over fist, and changing head coaches is, in his words, a traumatic experience.

Accountability will come when the profit margin reduces to a point that he finds unacceptable. Last time that was after a 2-14 season, so his tolerance is much wider than most fans would like to believe.

I will always be grateful to McNair for the obvious. However, I do not wear blinders that he values championships more than a successful business. Perhaps he believes Kubiak can bring a championship and is willing to give him infinite patience up to the point that it is undermining his successful business. In that case, we basically have a Marvin Lewis doppelganger front office and Kubiak has to fail spectacularly to be released.

Does anyone believe that McNair would clean house if this team goes 9-7 and misses the playoffs? I do not hold that belief at this time based on the franchise's short history.
No. I don't even see Kubiak getting fired after a 7-9 season. We are going to need a dramatic collapse in order to see change here. We seem to be in the beginning stages of that now, so we'll see.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote